Monday, October 26, 2009

Great Photo of the Moon


Saturday October 24th, 2009
My friends and I went to the Michigan / Penn State football game and on our way home I had the opportunity to get this photo of the moon. It was located at about 200 degrees azimuth and about 30 degree altitude, and looked to be almost at the complete 3rd quarter phase (zoom in on the photo to get a better look!) It was so pretty!

On November 13th I took another photo of the moon and when I came home to post it to my blog site, I realized it was the same phase as the first moon I had sighted! I had wrote down in my notes almost the same information according to it's locations as the first one also. Sorry I don't have anything more intersting to write about.

On November 30th I was able to see a nice full moon right outside my front door. It was about 6:30pm an was at an altitude of about 45 degrees and around northeast at about 300 degrees azimuth. It was a perfect night for viewing it as there was not a cloud in the sky. I found myself going outside quite a few times just to star at it again and again.

For my last posting of the phases of the moon, I tried to take a picture of a phase I haven't seen, but the weather was not cooprerating with me and I was not able to get a good view of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment