Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jupiter Outside My Door!


I went to pick my daughter up from a friends house tonight around 19:30 and saw this beautiful bright star in the sky at about 45 degree altitude and 180 degree azimuth. The more I thought about it and looked at it, the more I realized this wasn't an ordinary star. Luckily for me I had my camera in my car so I took a couple of pictures(which unfortunately didn't turn out great) and when I got home I used my star and planet locator to figure out it was Jupiter! I went out again at 20:10 when it was darker and took another picture (still not a good picture). If you click on the pictures you should be able to see a faint star (about in the middle). It was much brighter in person, so the pictures don't do it justice at all. Still it was very cool to not only see but know what we were looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment