Friday, November 13, 2009

Venus sighting!

As I was walking, half awake/half asleep, downstairs to get my son off to school at about 6:30am this morning, I looked out a window and saw this star, bright as day, shining through the trees. It was like it was starring straight at me saying "hey you, look at me". It was so pretty, I logged onto the heavens above website and confirmed it was Venus! It was located at an azimuth of about 170 degrees and a latitude of about 20 degrees.


I tried to take a picture this morning with my camera, but of course the shot wouldn't come out good. So I found this photo on the web, it is very similar to what I saw this morning with the exception of fewer trees

Reference: http://www.utahskies.org/image_library/shallowsky/planets/mercury/Mercury20040320-2crsm.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment